Thursday, January 5, 2012

Interview with Emperor Gaozu

Reporter: Hello Emperor Gaozu,how are you today on this fine day?

Emperor Gaozu: I am doing very well,how are you?I didn't catch your name,what was it?

Reporter:I am doing very well,thanks for asking,my name is Peter,Peter Laskaris.

Reporter:If you don't mind emperor,I would just like to ask you a few questions.

Emperor Gaozu: Ok,let's get started!!!

Reporter:First,how did you feel when you were deciding to take over and make your new dynasty?

Emperor Gaozu:That is a very good question,when I heard about an interview,I was hoping someone would ask me that.....well,I was very nervous at first because when I was trying to end the Sui dynasty,I thought they would be very tough to stop because they had a well defensive system,and I didn't know if I could stop them,so I tried to come up with an idea to sneak up and capture the government when they would least expect it,so it would be an awful idea to try to attack a strong army when you are by yourself,because the odds would be like 10,000 to 1,and that is unfair,so I had to go for the emperor and tries to overthrow him by making speeches and getting riots to try to help overthrow him.....Is that enough Peter?

Reporter:Yes that is fine,second question,How old were you when you conquered the Tang dynasty from the Siu?

Emperor Gaozu:I was vaguely 52 years old at the time

Reporter:Third question,you ended up getting your dynasty to be the wealthiest one so far in China,how exactly did you get your economy to be so well financially?

Emperor Gaozu:I am a man who tries to get himself into power,a man who likes to make a change,and a man who wants to help his people have a better life and to be happy,this is not an answer to make all of the people think I am a publicity hog,I just feel that I could one day grow up to make a difference in this world,and I did,that is why I am always trying to do new things.I told everyone that we would be trying to go into a communist society to see how our lives would be if nobody was rich or poor,because nobody would be categorized any differently,we would all be "middle class,"when we started,everything was fine,all of the people were very well with their work because now everyone was apart of our government and everyone wanted to make a change.After a few years of being a communist society,I felt that everyone was starting to recognize that even if they weren't working,they would still be getting paid(because that is what a communist society is),so I decided that I should start to be a Daoism society,and to try to keep everything the way it was before,and as it turned out,when the money went back to the people who originally owned it,people actually started working harder to gain it back!!!They got a chance to live as a middle class person and actually enjoyed it,so they wanted to earn it back for them and their families.And that is what I hope will happen for my power in the government and what I hope will happen when I am gone.

Reporter:That is very inspirational,and I hope so too!My fourth and last question,How long do you feel you should be in power for?

Emperor Gaozu:I have a good feeling that I will be in power for about 20 more years,I feel like I can make a big difference in this society and maybe I can also make our government a better place for all of  China for further expansion,and,hopefully not,a loss of land to other countries who might gain more power and maybe an army that could be unstoppable,if I am to be overthrown or just want to respectfully resign to one of my future children or another ruler who I find suitable for this role,but I will try to keep my government strong and safe and healthy for as long as I am here....Thank you Peter for this  interview,we should stay in touch.

Reporter:Thank you Emperor Gaozu,I think we should do this  again in a few years and we can see about your future plans for your new dynasty,but for now,goodbye.

Emperor Gaozu:Yes,that will do....goodbye




On the right is a picture of emperor Taizong of the Tang dynasty,who captured and controlled China    ------>

No comments:

Post a Comment